I hereby pledge to provide support and encouragement for my child participating in youth sports by following this “Code of Ethics”:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will require my child’s coach be trained in the responsibilities of being a youth sports coach and that the coach upholds Coaches’ Code of Ethics.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all youth sports.
- I will remember that the game is for youth - not adults.
- I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I will help my child enjoy the youth sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectful fan, providing transportation, my child attending practices, keeping equipment clean.